Welcome to the Highly Sensitive Person support site!
If you are visiting this page, you are likely a Highly Sensitive Person yourself, or, perhaps, wondering if you are.
Being especially sensitive is actually a gift, although it doesn’t always feel that way.
Having a sensitive nervous system can present challenges in relationships, work environments, social situations and in coping with your own heightened emotional state.
As a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) myself, I know that we sometimes feel different than the rest of the culture and it’s not always easy to find kindred spirits and support. Like many HSPs, for some years, even though I’m a licensed psychotherapist, I didn’t realize that so many of my challenges in life were related to my sensitivity. Then, about 15 years ago, it was a relief to recognize that what I had been interpreting as shortcomings, weren’t shortcomings at all — but were actually sensitivities!
Since then, I have devoted myself to discovering life changing tools to help myself and other HSPs. These tools are simple techniques that can be done ‘on the fly’. They include techniques to help balance and soothe our sensitive nervous systems. They work by helping us tap into our parasympathetic nervous system, which is the ‘restful’ nervous system. What a huge relief it is to be able to feel comforted and soothed, rather than activated and stressed!
Knowing how much difference it can make to have the right tools and support, I love offering what has benefitted me to other HSPs. Offerings: HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON SUPPORT GROUP NEXT SESSION: October 14 – December 16 (No meetings on 11/25 and 12/9).
HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON WEBINAR support group
INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS in person, by Skype or phone
SPACIOUS PRESENCE course – This approach has been extremely helpful for me, as well as other HSPs, in dealing with our sensitivity. We learn to ‘relax out of the mind’ and ‘rest in’ the naturally occurring sense of peace and fulfillment that is always here. This is deeply soothing and restorative to our sensitive nervous systems and organically becomes a part of our every day life. You can find out more about it here.
‘Highly Sensitive Person’ Support Group
PLEASE NOTE: Elinor’s phone number has been changed! It is now 303-506-3507
What will you receive from an eight week group?
A common sentiment expressed by group members is that they “feel they have found their tribe”
Being especially sensitive is actually a gift; although, it doesn’t always feel that way. Having a sensitive nervous system can present challenges in relationships, work environments, social situations and in coping with your own heightened emotional state.
This group will help you:
- Use effective, concrete tools to cope with and soothe your sensitive nervous system – many of which you can do ‘on the fly’
- Learn the seven keys HSPs need to know to thrive in today’s challenging and often ‘insensitive’ world
- Find the right balance between getting the rejuvenating, ‘chill time’ you need and being out with people and being activ
- Successfully communicate your needs regarding your sensitivity
- Offset negative messages you’ve received about being sensitive
- Not ‘take on’ other people’s moods. Clear off other’s energy
- See your sensitivity in a positive light — Cultivate the gifts, strengths and talents inherent in your sensitivity
- Gain Emotional support from other ‘Highly Sensitive People’. There is a deep resonance among the members. HSP’s share a common energetic “wiring” — so there’s a sense of being very much at home and understood.